4 Benefits Of Having An Efficient HVAC System

Do you know that your HVAC system consumes most of the energy in your home? As a matter of fact, the average American household spends over $2,000 a year on energy bills mostly from the HVAC system in their home. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to ensure that you do not reach that number, simply by properly caring for your HVAC unit. If you are still not convinced of that, keep reading this article to find out the benefits of having an efficient HVAC system.

Cost Savings

The most important factor that people often stress about is their utility bills. By having an efficient HVAC system, you will begin to see your monthly utility bills dramatically decrease. Efficiency of air conditioning systems is measured by SEER rating (seasonal energy efficiency ratio). Therefore, the higher the SEER rating, the more efficient your system is. You could even save up to 10% per increased SEER point. 

Furnaces measure efficiency by AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) percentages. Older units usually operate at around 65% AFUE, leaving 35% of energy wasted. Thankfully, our American Standard high-efficiency systems operate at up to 97.3% AFUE, saving you a great deal of money and increasing your comfort. 

Decreased Noise Level

If you have an older system, you probably hear rattling and rumbling when it starts up and as it runs. New technology includes sound-absorbing equipment features to ensure you’re not disturbed by any distracting noises in the comfort of your home.

Increased Comfort

At Momentum AC, our high efficiency systems include variable speed compressors which reduce on and off cycling to save you money, control humidity, and keep your home comfortable at all times. Variable speed compressors also provide you with increased air flow from every vent in your home, which also contribute to a much more even heating and cooling throughout every room of your house.


Systems that are energy efficient use less electricity and burn less fuel than older, worn-out systems. As a result, there is less reliance on carbon-intensive power plants, less carbon dioxide emissions, and more conservation of natural resources. There is no better feeling than knowing that you're contributing to a cleaner and healthier planet!

Contact Us

Momentum AC Services Inc has served homeowners in the tampa for over a decade. We specialize in making your home or office comfortable and can keep you happy throughout every season!

Contact us at (877) 848-4822 to schedule a service appointment or to receive a free quote!

Share Article

Momentum AC Services Inc is a family-owned HVAC company in the Tampa area. We offer fast installation of all major brands of air conditioning units with no hidden costs or surprises. Momentum AC will work hard to make sure your new unit is installed on time and that it runs smoothly for years to come. 

Recent Posts